The Black Swan by Nicholas Taleb
1. Unknown-unknowns e.g. Iceland's volcano & air travel consequences.
2. Seize any opportunity or anything that looks like an opportunity.
3. Don't look for the precise and the local i.e. narrow mindedness.
FREE: The Future of a Radical Price by Chris Anderson
1. Unlimited channels is the new abundance.
2. The new scarcity is "attention".
3. Build reputation and convert it to attention.
The Drunkard's Walk by Leonard Mlodinow
1. Polls, grades and ratings are less reliable than we believe.
2. Understand the true nature of 'chance'.
3. Make decisions based on in-depth insights into what is meaningful.
Connected: The Surprising Power of Our Social Networks by Nicholas Christakis & James Fowler
1. Understand social network interactions through 6 degrees of separation.
2. Your influence only extends so far - to 3 degrees of influence.
3. The 3 degrees of information flow impacted by enormity, communality, specificity, virtuality.
6 Pixels of Separation by Mitch Joel
1. You are connected to anyone through fewer than 6 degrees of separation.
2. Through 'digital channels', we're all intrinsically connected.
3. "Your brand is what Google says it is" - Chris Anderson (The Long Tail).
Viewed 6697 times so far.
Like this? Tweet it to your followers!